NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1217053091

From: "Paul" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Vessel numbers
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 18:18:11 +1200

Carolyne,
Although the vessel I am interested in arrived in NZ later than yours
(1883) I found my information in the Auckland Library Lloyd's Register of
Shipping which included the size, length, tonnage, and, in my case, the
engine size. Additionally where it was built and by whom, the owner,
registered port and date of last survey etc.

Am not sure where you live but one of the larger main libraries would
probably have these volumes for perusal.

Best regards
Paul in Hamilton

Does anyone know how to find out the official number of a migrant ship
please? I am looking for the number of the Adamant
that arrived in Nelson on 8 August 1874. My g grandfather Samuel HOY was a
member of the crew who deserted in Nelson, then years later married
Elizabeth MERCER who was one of the passengers.
Many thanks for any help.
Carolyn

This thread: