NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1217125601

From: "Tony Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Martin
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:26:41 +1000

Hi Florence and Tom.

There are three entries for the death of Thomas Cook Martin on the Papers
Past website. Although they do not provide any additional information, they
refer back to the Lyttleton Times newspaper as their source.

This newspaper is not included in Papers Past. Maybe the Lytleton Time could
have more information.

Adding a middle name later in life was often done, especially in America for
Irish immigrants - maybe Thomas was Irish.

There are a number of Thomas Martin's coming to New Zealand. I am chasing
one myself, although I now know that he died in 1926, but was in Dunedin by
1867 from a dated photograph.

Good luck with your search.

Tony