NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2008-07 > 1217470344

From: Sue & Evan Thomas <>
Subject: [nz] John SYMONS and Elizabeth GIBSON
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:12:24 +1200

Can anyone help me find any family of the above couple? Elizabeth
GIBSON emigrated to Nelson in 1842 aged 5. She later returned to
England and married John SYMONS there but then returned to New
Zealand. I believe she had several children including an Elizabeth
Anne SYMONS who married a Joseph Henry COCK. I'd be grateful for any
information that could lead me to any children or family of these
people. Elizabeth Gibson spent most of her childhood (from 1843
until 1852) in a cottage built by her father John GIbson in
Nelson. We are currently restoring it and would like to know if
there are any descendants out there.

Regards

Sue Thomas

This thread: