NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2009-02 > 1235463812

From: Adele Pentony-Graham <>
Subject: [nz] old hotel.. Te Teko area
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 21:23:32 +1300

So far I have received wonderful help from Whakatane, but tonight, was told
about an old hotel, with 6 cottages nearby, this would have been about 1932
plus a few years.. the hotel was built of concrete? Bricks... Does anyone
have any ideas about this old hotel please, name...anything.. it was
supposedly bought for a private home back in the 1930s.. the caller said,
the name Kawerau rang bells.. but previously she said it was Te Teko area...
near where the golf course is today.... this is a part of NZ I have never
visited.. one day.... I am learning all of this from a lady who is nearly 90
years young... just hope her memory comes up with more information!

Somebody make my day please and come up with a name of the Hotel!!!

Thank you..

--
Adele Pentony-Graham
Carterton Cemetery Clareville Researcher

This thread: