Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2009-02 > 1235520643

From: "Robert Barnes" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Old Photos
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:10:43 +1300
In-Reply-To: <8DACF3DC811F4C22902B8A7C210CBCBC@oembzhvscgckfb>

I think that they're simply called "Glass Plate Photos" (or negatives). I
thought that they might be "daguerreotype" photos, but according to this refers to an even older process using silvered metal

Good luck with finding out how to clean them up: it might be worth getting
some professional advice, as I imagine that it would be easy to destroy

Regards, Robert.

This thread: