NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2009-05 > 1243112647

From: "Diane Wilson" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Charles Ashwell Benson Picton grave
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:04:07 +1200

HI Patsy

I assume this is the entry from the burial locator you are using as your
reference

SourceNZSG Cemetery Fiche
SurnameBENSON
Given NamesCharles Ashwell
Year of Death1949
Record Number147
Record TypeB/R
Age60
LocationPicton Cemetery N02.35

This record tells you that there is a burial record only NO headstone for
this person is included as a reference. If there was one a M/I would be
noted.
However if you look at the NZSG Cemetery Fiche N02.35 you can view what is
recorded in the burial record data. Sometimes these are a mine of info but
sadly sometimes they have little detail. It all depends on luck.
The NZSG Cemetery fiche are available in some NZ Libraries .

Diane Wilson