NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2010-09 > 1285454502

From: Mike Mylonas <>
Subject: [nz] Taita Cemetery
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 11:41:42 +1300

Morning all,

Just curious to know, I am looking to find out has anyone done any
listings of headstones etc at Taita Cemetery.

I grew up in the Hutt Valley, and I know where a few of the burial plots
for my family are (i.e. my mother and sister are buried at Taita Lawn
Cemetery, and my grandfather is up on the hill by the War Memorial), but
I know that a large number of my family are buried in the "Old" Taita
Cemetery.

It appears that I would need to contact Downers EDI as they seem to hold
the contract for Hutt City Council, but I am hoping that someone has
started a project to obtain an electronic database of this cemetery.

Thanks in advance for any information

Cheers
Mike

This thread: