NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-01 > 1294041867

From: "Allan Steel" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Austin WILLIAMS - Dunedin
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:04:29 +1300

I have spent many years researching the Dunedin area and the name has never appeared in the early records that I can recall.
Certainly not as a Solicitor and even if the was I don't think he would have been the first in Dunedin.

A quick check of a few indexes indicates Austin Williams was in the Northland area and if that is him dying in 1908 he was a labourer.
He married someone Downey and they appear to have had a son named Austin Downey Williams.
Also appears to be another son, Vernon.
Regards
Allan