NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1310140614

From: "LORI ADKINS" <>
Subject: [nz] Georgina ROFF/WEBB Help Please
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 09:56:54 -0600

Hello List,

I need some help with finding out what happened to Georgina ROFF. Born 1887

Georgina was an illegitimate child to Emily ROFF. Emily was married to Thomas ROFF at the time of this birth. Living in Invercargill.

I have found the entry for Georgina ROFF in the bdm website father not listed but mother listed as Emily date 1887.

I found in paperspast website-Southland Times-25 October 1887- Police Court

" George B. WEBB was charged with having refused to contribute towards the support of an illegitimate child of which he was the father and Emily ROFF the mother, both parties being of Clifton- Mr Wade appeared for the complainant, the girl's father, and Mr Finn for the defendant.-Case adjourned till the following day."

I have tried searching for a marriage and death for Georgina under ROFF and WEBB but cannot find anything. Any ideas?

Thank you

Lori

This thread: