NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1310275924

From: Norma Bethune <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Parlane - Northland & Southland
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:32:04 +1200 (NZST)

Hello Diane,
Saw your reply re the Parlanes, and I'd love to exchange info with you, too, when we're back home later this month.
We're actually in SLC at the moment, trying to trace the Scottish roots of the NZ Parlane families - the vast majority of them descend from the same ancestors.
Do you know anything of the Parlane's Scottish origins? I've been given conflicting info and am having trouble fitting them into any of the scenarios I have, so would very much appreciate any info to sort them out while we're still at Salt Lake City!
If anyone has info that may help, we're here another three days, and have email access at the hotel we're staying at.
Kind regards,
Norma Bethune – in lovely warm high-80s Salt Lake City, Utah