NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1310467622

From: Lenore Frost <>
Subject: [nz] Wright, J R, of Hokitika, 1860s
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 20:47:02 +1000

Hello folks,

Continuing on with my investigation of my ancestor George Griffith's time in NZ, I have discovered that he advertised in the West Coast Times in October to December 1867 as a piano tuner and repairer in Hokitika. He referred enquiries to R Wright of the Victoria Hotel, Revell St, Hokitika. The ad below his was J R Wright adverting the availability of piano and violin music on command for parties and balls, same address. It is possible that Griffith formed part of the instrumentalists to be commanded. http://goldrushadventure.blogspot.com/

Does anyone on the list have a connection to J R Wright. I'm wondering if he was a musician, or the proprietor of the Victoria Hotel? Or both, perhaps.

Best wishes,

Lenore

The Empire Called and I Answered - WW1 Volunteers of Essendon and Flemington
http://empirecall.pbworks.com/ The wiki database http://empirecall.blogspot.com/ The blog

This thread: