NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1310597420

From: "Nivard Ovington" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] Mary Ann ( Mollie) ROGERS for Angie
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 23:50:20 +0100

Hi Angie

It sounds like you don't have the death certificate to know what she died from

Unless she died of some highly contagious disease I would suspect a clerical or transcription error
along the way

I did not find anything in the newspapers but far from all have an entry put in

I would retrace the origin of the information, did she die on the 17th perhaps and it was
transcribed as the 19th?

Nivard Ovington in Cornwall (UK)

PS I have taken the liberty of giving your post a subject line relevant to your post
(and deleted the rest of the digest ;-)

> Hello everyone
> Wondering why that my family member was buried the same day she died?
>
> Mary Ann ( Mollie) ROGERS, she died at Stratford hospital on the 19 May
> 1928, and was buried at Kopuatama Cemetery, Stratford, New Zealand, 19 May
> 1928.
> Is there any way I can trace information on this?
> I only could think that she could have died say at 1.00am and then was
> buried that same day.
> She is not in a family plot.
> Would there be any record out there in news print about her death?
> Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.
> Angie Barnett NZSG 14998

This thread: