NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1310781374

From: "Annette McLean" <>
Subject: [nz] DAVIDSON
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 13:56:14 +1200

Is there anyone on the list who descends from Thomas DAVIDSON and Elizabeth GRIMSHAW?

Thomas was baptized 23 Sep 1855 at Rosemary Street Presbyterian Church, Belfast, Antrim, Ireland

He married Elizabeth GRIMSHAW in 1875 NZ

He died 1927 and Elizabeth 1928. Both buried in the Otahuhu Cemetery.

As far as I have found they had 4 children, Sarah Matilda born ?, Thomas Henry born 1876, Mary Elizabeth born 1878 and
Amy Margaret born abt. 1881.

Amy Margaret DAVIDSON married Charles WHITTON in 1905 NZ. They had a least 6 children. Their second child Amy Doreen WHITTON was born 1908.
I found a card that she wrote to my Mum and Dad on their 40th wedding anniversary in 1977 telling Mum that they were 2nd cousins through her mothers line.

My mothers grandmother was Matilda LLOYD nee DAVIDSON, baptized 2 Mar 1857 at Rosemary Street Presbyterian Church, Belfast, Antrim, Ireland.
Thomas was her brother.

Their parents were William DAVIDSON and Eliza McLEAN, who were married at Rosemary Street Presbyterian Church, Belfast 21 May 1847.

I would love to make contact with any of Thomas and Elizabeth’s descendants.

Annette

This thread: