NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1310965437

From: Adele Pentony-Graham <>
Subject: [nz] Carterton Cemetery Clareville.
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 17:03:57 +1200

Not often I ask for help, but perhaps someone could help me on this
project... I am after two soldiers graves, that do not have a
Commonwealth War Grave Commission headstone at Clareville Cemetery. So
this means that they are buried with a family member.

I have come up with one so far, by checking records, and walking along
each row ... No hurry, so perhaps when the weather warms up a bit and
dries up, I can take more time to walk along each row, reading each
headstone... but there again, the details of a War record may not be
on the headstone!

First one I have found, and knew off is for Walter Alfred Hart, he is
buried in the RC area... he served in the S. African War...
So we are looking at. S. A. Boer War... WW.1. and WW2.

Many thanks.

--
Adele Pentony-Graham
Carterton Cemetery Clareville Researcher

This thread: