NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1311293171

From: Amanda Dickson <>
Subject: Re: [nz] sawers
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

Its definetly sawer as his 1814 marriage record also shows sawer. one of his witnesses was a shepherd, the other a carter. Later one of his sons was a millwright and i am looking info records regarding a spinning mill in Selkirk owned by two men of the same surname...

at the moment i am inclined to think he was a carpenter who worked in the mill or was one of the owners of the mill.

now this is off list and i will be asking on the selkirk list but has anyone got a copy of the book "Little Guide to Selkirk Mills" pub 2000.? pls contact me off list

many thanks
amanda