NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1311304132

From: "Clartiere" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] New Zealand Birth, Marriage and Death
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:08:52 +1200

Hi Angela

Nene is a name for sure. It's a girl's name in Japan, and also a personal
name in NZ. Probably Maori.

Are you sure it's Nene, and not Rene. The latter could be an abbreviated
version of Irene. There is a burial for an Irene MacKENZIE, aged 29 in
Karori Cemetery, Wellington. The burial date is 12 Jul 1927. She died 10 Jul
1927. You didn't provide a birth year for Nene so it's difficult to help any
more than speculate.

There's an 1898 birth of an Irene Catherine McKENZIE that could match the
above death, and a 1929 marriage for an Irene Catherine McKENZIE. So a lot
of work involved to see if the Irene in Karori Cemetery is your girl or not.

Cheers
Kevin