NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1311312795

From: "Christine Tregonning" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] the sawyer debate
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 17:33:15 +1200

Hi,

Just to jump in on the debate. My Great, Great Grandfather was a Sawyer.
His family settled in Nelson when he was fifteen and the family later moved
to Taranaki where they owned their own sawmill. On his intention to marry
in 1860 his occupation is listed as Sawyer however he is recorded as being a
farmer on the actual church marriage certificate.

Regards,

Christine