NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1311484102

From: "gemwood" <>
Subject: [nz] Isel Museum Census Records
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 17:08:22 +1200

John, you may well be correct in thinking they are ex Wises directory etc.
Unless I visit Isel myself, I cannot give an opinion as I am not able to
check with the person who copied the records to me. They contained the
usual data of a census record - but that may be the same as the Wises data.
Name, address, marital status, household, occupation age etc. Next time I'm
in Nelson I will try to visit Isel and report back. Margaret, who gave the
records to me called them census records, and we discussed on many occasions
the fact they existed. She was an astute researcher so likely would know
the difference between census and directory entries. But very good
suggestion, I appreciate it and I will try to check it out soon.

Regards
Nyle

This thread: