NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1311668261

From: Murray Lynn <>
Subject: [nz] More Cemetery Photos / Orphanages etc
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 20:17:41 +1200

With lots of help from others I have added over 200 more photos (to New
Zealand Cemeteries <http://nzcemetery.kiwicelts.com/>; ):

Motueka and Pioneer Park cemeteries in Motueka

From Lyn Johnston: Minniesdale Chapel and cemetery

From Murray Reid: Rautara St Urupa in Auckland

And once again from Murray Wright - this new set includes a fascinating
set of photos showing walk through the Waikumete cemetery, which must be
one of the largest and most interesting cemeteries in NZ:
Auckland Provincial Memorial Cemetery
Waikumete Cemetery (warning - a large download if you view the images)
The Oratia old & new churches, the Oratia Churchyard cemetery and the
Oratia cemetery
Spraggs Bush cemetery
Swanson cemetery
Waitakere RSA Memorial

I have also started to add Orphanages, Industrial Schools etc to the
database. There are a lot more than I realised and as it is very hard
to locate them, it is taking longer than I thought it would. If anyone
has any information on them, please let me know.

--

Kind Regards

Murray
Mapua
New Zealand

Visit us at KiwiCelts.com <http://kiwicelts.com>; for ...

* The only comprehensive list and map of New Zealand Cemeteries
<http://nzcemetery.kiwicelts.com/>;
(now including many CWGC cemeteries around the world with NZ service
burials)
* Interactive Administrative District map of Ireland
<http://ireland.kiwicelts.com/irishMap/ireMap.html>;
* Our Family History <http://family.kiwicelts.com>;

This thread: