NEW-ZEALAND-L Archives

Archiver > NEW-ZEALAND > 2011-07 > 1312056588

From: "Peter Dillon" <>
Subject: Re: [nz] MYSTERY LOCKET - MJ 1905
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 08:09:48 +1200

https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/

Marriages
1890 May WHITEHOUSE, William Graham JAMIESON

There are a number of births to this couple with their names corroborative of other information.
For a couple of births May may have been called Mary.

Deaths

1892 JAMIESON Samuel, 71Y

Can't see a Maria JAMIESON died 1899 but this is probably her
1899 JAMIESON Marian Scott, 76Y

A researcher with a database at Ancestry.com appears to be a descendant of Samuel & Maria and has
gone to some trouble so will probably be extremely interested in the locket! I send a message
explaining about this correspondence in case it hasn't been noticed already.

The database has William Graham JAMIESON 1861-1936 as the son of Samuel JAMIESON 1821-1892 & Maria
SCOTT 1824-1899. There are photos of family members, shipping record, etc. The family of Samuel &
Maria including William Graham arrived Lyttelton NZ by the ship CAPTAIN COOK on 05 Sep 1863
according to the database.

Peter