NHHILLSB-L Archives

Archiver > NHHILLSB > 2004-09 > 1094998130

From: Janice Brown <>
Subject: Re: [NHHILLSB] Phineas Campbell, 1793, Bedford, NH
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 10:08:53 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

I found the following reference to Phineas Campbell in Bedford, but there are no other references in the same book to him, either in the genealogies or the biographies.

SOURCE: History of Bedford, New-Hampshire : being statistics, by Peter B. Woodbury; Boston: Printed by A. Mudge, 1851, 371 pgs.

Found on page 361

"Page 181. Under the head of Casulaties, it should be stated that three men have been killed in this town by the fall of a tree. Mr. Cochran, many years ago, in the north part of the town; Mr Phineas Campbell, in 1845, and Capt. John Patten, Jan. 31, 1851."

page 181 refers to an addition to
FATAL CASULATIES, -- REMARKABLE CASES OF PRESERVATION, ETC.

Hope this helps.
Janice