NIR-ANTRIM-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-ANTRIM > 2011-06 > 1308753903

From: "Dora Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [NIR-ANTRIM] Where's Ballypriormore?
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 09:45:03 -0500

Thanks! That's the transcription of the stones in the graveyard.

Only the later Alexander, and the wife of the earlier one, but Susan is
right; since she died in 1752 aged 67, her husband was born at the right
time to be a son of Rodger the Myth, though that doesn't necessarily mean he
was a son of Rodger the Myth.

If a large McKinstry family were centered in Ballyclare, they may have
independently straggled over to Carrickfergus.

Or, Alexander Sr. may have independently rowed his boat over from Galloway;
the place he'd have headed out from is directly across teh Irish Sea.
Islandmagee would have been the first land he came to.

The 19th century McKinstry family there which used the same names held a
lease for lives. But they are too far apart for that Alexander to
necessarily be descended from whose wife is in the same graveyard, unless
the rest of the clan is buried nearby. The web page did say there were two
cemeteries near Ballyprior More.

Dora