NIR-ARMAGH-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-ARMAGH > 2002-03 > 1015276552

From: Alison Causton <>
Subject: [ARMAGH] Thomas ARMSTRONG, Flax merchant & Mr. HUTCHISON of Killycairn
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 16:15:52 -0500

The following article has been transcribed from The Armagh
Guardian (3 December 1844; microform), by permission of The British Library.

This reprint is intended SOLELY for the non-commercial use of family
historians, with the sincere hope that a Lister may find the content useful.
Please do not ask the transcriber for further look-ups from this
resource. Also, I am not descended from the person(s) mentioned herein.

IRISH FLAX.--We have it on the authority of a re-
spectable flax merchant of this city, Mr. THOS. ARM-
STRONG, that 40s per stone was offered for a lot of Irish
flax, in the possession of Mr. HUTCHISON, of Killy-
cairn, the gentleman who has the patent scutching
machinery, and who has been so successful in treating
flax on the Courtrai system.