NIR-ARMAGH-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-ARMAGH > 2002-03 > 1015287329

From: Alison Causton <>
Subject: [ARMAGH] Newry and Eniskillen Railway, 1844 Prospectus - Many Surnames
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 19:15:29 -0500

The following legal notice has been transcribed from The Armagh
Guardian (3 December 1844; microform), by permission of The British Library.

This reprint is intended SOLELY for the non-commercial use of family
historians, with the sincere hope that a Lister may find the content useful.
Please do not ask the transcriber for further look-ups from this
resource. Also, I am not descended from the person(s) mentioned herein.

PROSPECTUS OF THE

NEWRY AND ENNISKILLEN

RAILWAY,

With a view of the further extension to Sligo,

Proposed Capital, £900,000,

TO BE RAISED IN 18,000 SHARES OF £50 EACH,

DEPOSIT, £2 10s. PER SHARE.

No Shareholder to be liable beyond the amount of his Subscription.

PROVISIONAL COMMITTEE,

MARQUIS of DOWNSHIRE
EARL OF GOSFORD
LORD NEWRY and MORNE, M.P.
LORD LURGAN
LORD ROSSMORE
LORD SANDYS, D.L., J.P.
COLONEL WESTENRA, Canla, Monaghan
Rev. W.B. FORDE, Seaforde, D.L.
THOMAS DOWGLASS, Esq., J.P.
D.R. ROSS, Esq., Purdy's Burn, D.L., J.P.
A.G. LEWIS, Esq., J.P., Monaghan
FRANCIS CHAS. BEER'S, Esq., J.P., Ballyward
T.G. HENRY, Esq., Newry, J.P.
MAJOR WARING, J.P.
JOHN BOYD, Esq., Seneschal, J.P.
POWELL FOXALL, Esq., J.P., Killevy Castle
THOMAS SEAVER, Esq., Heath Hall
JAMES A. ROSS, Esq., Monaghan
PETER QUINN, Esq., J.P., Acton
Rev. JAMES SHIELDS
S. PARSONS, Esq.
RICHARD WARING, Esq.
JAMES LYLE, Esq.
HILL IRVINE, Esq.
DENNIS MAGUIRE, Esq.
FRANCIS CARVILL, Esq.
HUGH DALZELL, Esq.
JOHN McMORRAN, Esq.
GEORGE SCOTT, Esq.
CHARLES JENNINGS, Esq.
WILLIAM HENRY, Esq.
HENRY THOMSON, Esq.
JAMES QUINN, Esq.
PETER MURPHY, Esq.
EDWARD AUG. MAGENNIS, Esq.
ROBERT McBLAIN, Esq.
JAMES McGEORGE, Esq.
PATRICK CALLAN, Esq.
JOHN HANCOCK, Esq.
JAMES G. QUIN, Esq.
THOMAS KING, Esq.
ROBERT GREER, Esq.
MICHAEL DENVIR, Esq.
PATRICK CONNOR, Esq., M.D.

With power to add to their number.

ENGINEER-IN-CHIEF,

Sir JOHN RENNIE.

ACTING ENGINEER,

JOHN FRASER, Esq., Mem. Council Inst. C.E.I. Surveyor
for the County of Down.

PROVISIONAL SECRETARY IN NEWRY,
HUGH BOYD, Esq.
SOLICITOR--HUGH WALLACE, Esq., Downpatrick.

PARLIAMENTARY AGENT,
W.M. BRYDEN, Esq. 4, New Palace-yard, Westminster.

...&c.