NIR-ARMAGH-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-ARMAGH > 2002-03 > 1017588718

From: Alison Causton <>
Subject: [ARMAGH] NEWS: Keady Dispensary - Meeting of Governors - Jan 1845
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 10:31:58 -0500

- The following general-interest news article has been transcribed from
The Armagh Guardian (7 January 1845; microform), by permission of The
British Library.
- This reprint is intended SOLELY for the non-commercial use of family
historians, with the sincere hope that a Lister may find the content useful.
- Please refer any questions arising from this article to the general readership
of the NIR-ARMAGH mailing list.
- I am not descended from the person(s) mentioned herein.

=====
AT a MEETING of the GOVERNORS of the KEADY
DISPENSARY, held in the Market-house of Keady, on
Friday, the 3d of January, 1845, for the purpose of considering
the course to be pursued in consequence of the decease of the
late Doctor MAGEE,
JOHN ROBERT IRWIN, Esq., J.P., High Sheriff,
in the Chair,--
The following Resolutions were unanimously adopted:--
1st Resolution--Moved by HENRY L. PRENTICE, Esq., J.P.,
seconded by WILLIAM KIRK, Esq., J.P.:
"That we, the Subscribers to the Keady Dispensary, assembled
immediately after the funeral of our late lamented Medical
Superintendent, Mr. MAGEE, desire, in the first place, to record
our deep sorrow at the removal of so efficient and useful a public
officer."
2d Resolution--Moved by FRANCIS STRINGER, Esq., J.P.;
seconded by the Rev. H.W. CARSON:
"That in order to express our feelings toward the memory
of Dr. MAGEE, and our sympathy with his family in the severe
loss which they, (as well as we,) have sustained in his sudden
death, a public subscription shall now be entered into to erect
a suitable Testimonial in Keady Church."
3d Resolution--Moved by LEE McKINSTRY, Esq., J.P., and
seconded by GEORGE HENRY, Esq.:
"That an advertisement shall be inserted in the local and
other Newspapers for a qualified Medical Superintendent to
take charge of the Dispensary : and that a Meeting of the
Subscribers shall be held in the Market-house, of Keady, on
Monday, the 10th of February next, at 12 o'clock, A.M., to elect
a fitting person for that office."
(Signed,)
JOHN ROBERT IRWIN, Chairman.
JOHN ROBERT IRWIN, Esq., having vacated the chair, and
HENRY L. PRENTICE Esq., having taken it,
It was proposed by WILLIAM KIRK Esq., and seconded by
the Rev. SAMUEL SIMPSON(?):
"That the thanks of this Meeting be presented to the High
Sheriff for his excellent conduct in the chair, and his praise-
worthy attention to the interest of the Dispensary at all times.
(Signed,)
HENRY L. PRENTICE, Chairman.
It was unanimously resolved, that the foregoing resolutions
be published in the ARMAGH GUARDIAN, the Dublin Evening
Mail, the Newry Telegraph, and Belfast Chronicle.
=====

This thread: