NIR-ARMAGH-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-ARMAGH > 2002-05 > 1020606535

From: Alison Causton <>
Subject: [ARMAGH] Armagh Guardian: Letter - LESLIE - Leslie Hill, Co Armagh - Mar 1845
Date: Sun, 05 May 2002 09:48:55 -0400

Armagh Guardian: Letter - LESLIE - Leslie Hill, Co Armagh - Mar 1845
=====
The following article was transcribed from The Armagh Guardian (4 Mar
1845; microfilm), by permission of The British Library.

=====
To the Editor of the Armagh Guardian.
Leslie Hill, March 1, 1845.
DEAR SIR.--In justice to the Stewards of the Middletown
races, I think it right to state that they have the undivided
honor due to their exertions and skill on that occasion. I never
was a Steward to a race, and possess not that knowledge which
is necessary for so high a vocation. I approve of racing, for it
is to that England owes the finest cavalry in the world. I will
be obliged for your insertion of this note.
I remain, with great respect, faithfully yours,
DAVID LESLIE.
=====

This reprint is intended SOLELY for the non-commercial use of family
historians, with the sincere hope that a Lister may find the content
useful. I am not descended from the person(s) mentioned herein.
**Please refer any questions arising from this article to the general
readership of the NIR-ARMAGH mailing list.**

This thread: