NIR-ARMAGH-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-ARMAGH > 2003-10 > 1065444932

From: "James Mullan" <>
Subject: Re: [ARMAGH] Re: M'Creesh, South Armagh
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 08:56:59 -0400

Hi Cathy,
Newtonhamilton is just a bit north of the area of South Armagh that my
M'Creesh family came from. My ggrandfather Bryan Treanor (Traynor,Trainor)
married Elizabeth M'Creesh, I'm guessing about 1867. One of his sons Owen,
my grandfather gave his home as Crossmaglen. According to the 1901 census
there were lots of M'Creeshes in that area and all around the Cullyhanna as
well. I don't know the name of Elizabeth's father yet, and although there
was a suggestion that he owned a pub, I have discounted that for now. I
think Elizabeth was from Cullyhanna but I am trying to find her marriage
cert.
to get her father's name and home location.

Elizabeth's children were Bridget, Michael, Bernard, Patrick, Alice and
Owen. Bridget married Owen Lennon. (Again there are lots of Lennons in
this area of South Armagh as well. ) I think Bernard may have ended up
owning a pub in Dundalk (Louth). Alice went to the USA in 1906. And that's
all
I've got to go on for now. Any suggestions on Elizabeth M'Creesh's family
would be
welcome.

James Mullan

----- Original Message ----- Message Board Post:

Hi, saw you message listing McCreesh. My husband's family is from
Newtonhamilton, Armagh and have relatives from nearby named McCreesh.
Contact if you are looking for any McCreesh info.

Thanks,
Cathy Quinn

)

This thread: