NIR-DOWN-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-DOWN > 1999-11 > 0941766289

From: "Mike Kennedy" <>
Subject: [NIR-DOWN] KENNEDY, BROWN, ORR, CAVE; CO. DOWN; 1700-1999
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:44:49 -0500

Greetings All:

It's been a while since I posted my searches and projects, so here
goes:

1. I would like to know if there are any Kennedys in the area of
Killyleagh, DownPatrick, Cluntagh, Tullyvery, Comber and areas in
between, that would be interested in communicating with me and
possibly helping me find relatives.

2. I would like to find the ancestors, siblings and descendants of :
David Kennedy, born approximately 1796 and died Nov 4, 1857
Killyleagh.
married Sarah (Mary) BROWN, was born approximately 1811 and died June
3, 1871 Killyleagh.

They had nine children that I know of.

1. David Kennedy was born approximately 1834. in Killyleagh, County
Down.

2. Andrew (my ancestor) born Sept 26, 1838
Married Sarah ORR June 10 1856.
He lived in Tullyvery at the time and she lived in Killyleagh.
They came to U.S.A . She died approximately 1865-67.
He later returned to Ireland and married a Mary M CAVE. Around 1866-7.

3. Robert Kennedy was born approximately 1840 in Killyleagh, County
Down.
My ancestor (Andrew) and his brothers, David and Robert, all came to
the United States.

Other brothers and sisters were:

4. William
5. Sarah
6. Eliza
7. John
8. Charles
9. Hugh.

I would really like to communicate and connect up with my relatives
and
would appreciate hearing from them .

I can be reached via email at

Sincerely