NIR-DOWN-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-DOWN > 2003-05 > 1052557541

From: Trevor Edwards <>
Subject: [NIR-DOWN] Down people marrried in Belfast - 1871
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 10:05:41 +0100 (BST)

I came across the following people who although
resident in Down married in Linenhall Presbyterian
Church Belfast. I wondered if they may have some
interest to you.

All are of full age unless it says otherwise. Much is
indistinct, so if there are gaps it is because I could
not discern what was written. There are 40 years from
the 1830s and I shall try not to take that lenght of
time to transcribe them, I started in 1871.

3 Jun 1871, William Martin, father Robert a farmer,
married Margaret Campbell, father Hugh a carpenter,
both bride and groom lived in Bangor.

28 Jun 1871 John Dempster a farmer, father David a
farmer, married Margaret Oliver of Ballysallagh,
father James a farmer.

29 Jun 1871, Hugh Nowell, widower, a merchant of
Donaghdee, father Mathew dead, married Anna White of
Francis Street, Newtownards, father James, dead a
merchant.

26 Oct 1871, John Caughley, 36 years, Colour Sergeant,
Royal Irish Rifles, of Fredrick Street, Newtownards,
father John a grocer dead, married Martha Gilfillan,
West Street, Newtownards, father Thomas dead, a
merchant.

3 Nov 1871, Thomas Unsworth, shopkeeper, Ballymenoch,
father Thomas, married Mary Elizabeth Blainey, a
servant in Belfast, father William a Tailor.

17 Nov 1871, Hugh Bailie, Labourer of Killinchy,
father William a Labourer, married Martha Sloan a
servant in Belfast, father Samuel a Labourer.

18 Dec 1871, Robert McCullough, father John a Labourer
of Bangor, married Elizabeth Campbell, of Bangor,
father, Hugh.

If the group is not interested in the post please let
me know, there is a lot of transcribing!

Trevor

Yahoo! Plus
For a better Internet experience
http://www.yahoo.co.uk/btoffer