NIR-DOWN-L Archives

Archiver > NIR-DOWN > 2003-05 > 1054301655

From: Trevor Edwards <>
Subject: [NIR-DOWN] Down people married in Holywood 1845 - 1850 inc
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 14:34:17 +0100 (BST)

I am on holiday for ten days now, so no more posts for
a while.

The older the record the harder they seem to read.
Unfortunately the records from 1830s are completely
illegible, simply black sheets. I am sorry that I
could not make out some of the records below fully,
but either the writing was awful or the copy was and
sometimes both.

I am in a hurry to catch a flight so haven't had time
to add commas between entries. If you can't read it
let me know and I shall send you a copy on my return.

Trevor

20 Nov 1845GroomHarry MurphyFull ageBachelor
FarmerBally*****FrancisFarmer
BrideMary HannaFull ageSpinsterHolywood
Alexander
8 Jul 1846GroomThomas KennedyFull ageBachelor
MerchantBelfastJohnBaker
BrideAnne/Anna F**** ArcherFull ageSpinster
HolywoodWilliamGentleman?
8 Aug 1846GroomJames HoustonFull ageBachelor
LabourerBallymoneyJohnFarmer
BrideJane Woodside?Full ageSpinsterCultraJohn
Land Steward
10 Oct 1844?GroomJohn PattonFull ageBachelor
PainterBelfastJohnCoachman
BrideMary Anne PattersonFull ageSpinsterHolywood
DavidBaker
20 Nov 1846GroomWilliam RobinsonFull ageBachelor
LabourerBelfastWilliamLabourer
BrideAnn BlairFull ageSpinsterMaid servant
HolywoodSamuelLabourer
13 Mar 1847GroomSamuel BlairFull ageBachelor
LabourerHolywoodSamuelLabourer
BrideMartha LongFull ageSpinsterMaid servant
HolywoodJohnLabourer
21 Dec 1847GroomRichard HeslipFull ageBachelor
Latetly retired from PoliceNewryR Heslip
BrideAnn MooreFull ageSpinsterDressmakerHolywood
ThomasMason
24 Dec 1847GroomJohn McKeeFull ageBachelor
CarpenterGlasgowRobert
BrideAlice YoungFull ageSpinsterBallymenoch
James
10 May 1848GroomRobert Higginson?Full ageBachelor
ServantKnocknagoneyWilliam
BrideSarah GowleyFull ageSpinsterKnocknagoney
George Labourer
9 Jun 1848GroomJames McCully21 yearsBachelor
TailorBallymacarretSamuelTailor
BrideMargaret Ann Kennedy17 yearsSpinster
HolywoodJamesLabourer
4 Aug 1848GroomHugh FergusonFull ageBachelor
FarmerNewtownardsDavidFarmer
BrideMargaret BoydFull ageSpinsterHolywoodHugh
Farmer
18/*/1849GroomJohn PattersonFull ageBachelor
Bally******JohnFarmer
BrideMary Carruthers?21 yearsSpinsterBally******
Mathew
26 Apr 1849GroomJohn Anderson28 yearsBachelor
FarmerBallykeilRobertFarmer
BrideMargaret Carswell20 yearsSpinsterCultra
William
28 Jun 1849GroomRichard Robson?Full ageBachelor
ClerkLiverpoolRichard
BrideCatherine Scott FosterFull ageSpinster
HolywoodWilliamMerchant
3 Aug 1849GroomArchibald DownsFull ageBachelor
MechanicBelfastRobertFarmer
BrideNancy AndersonFull ageSpinsterKnocknagoney
George Labourer & Steward
7 Nov 1849GroomHugh *ilpin *****Full ageBachelor
LabourerKnocknagoneyHugh
BrideMargaret *r****a*Full ageSpinsterMaid
servantDublinJohn *******Labourer
1 Dec 1849GroomHugh DempsterFull ageBachelor
LabourerBallybeenHugh
BrideSusan Purse? Full ageSpinsterMaid servant
CultraJoseph
6 Dec 1849GroomThomas BensonFull ageBachelor
ButlerWhitehouseJohn
BrideMargaret Davidson (signed Mary Jane)Full age
SpinsterHolywoodRobertCoachman
1 Feb 1850GroomRichard BellFull ageWidower
MerchantBelfastWilliamFarmer
BrideMargaret BellFull ageWidowBelfastJohn
WilsonFarmer
22 Feb 1850GroomHugh ReidFull ageBachelorMason
Bally******HughFarmer
BrideMary YoungFull ageSpinsterBally*****James
Farmer
25 Apr 1850GroomJospeh McKeeFull ageBachelor
MerchantBelfastThomasFarmer
BrideMart Anne WestFull ageSpinsterHolywood
JamesMerchant
12 Jun 1850GroomJames Mathison?Full ageBachelor
MerchantBelfastWilliamPhysician
BrideAnn CochranFull ageSpinsterHolywoodGeorge
Farmer
3 Jul 1850GroomWilliam PollockFull ageBachelor
FarmerBally****John Farmer
BrideSophia ShawFull ageSpinsterBally****Thomas
Farmer
19 Jul 1850GroomRobert Young McKee?Full age
BachelorTeacherManchesterJohnLinen lapper
BrideMartha **** Morrison?Full ageSpinster
Holywood