NISHNAWBE-L Archives

Archiver > NISHNAWBE > 1999-07 > 0930953160

From: "Michele Potter" <>
Subject: Re: [NISHNAWBE-L] Chippewa/Ojibwe surnames
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 1999 18:06:00 -0400

Hi there

I spoke to a Chippewan elder who lives on Georgina Island in Georgina
township, Ontario, Canada.
I was talking to her regarding a name; she felt that the name I was
asking about was Ojibwe, not Chippewa - I had understood that Ojibwe
and Chippewa were of the same ancestry?
Please excuse any ignorance on my part; I am still trying to learn !
Michele