NISHNAWBE-L Archives

Archiver > NISHNAWBE > 1999-12 > 0946505478

From: Rarihokwats Rarihokwats <>
Subject: Re: [NISHNAWBE] Your help would be appreciated
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 17:11:18 -0500

Greetings. Because "Restoule" is a name at Dokis, e.g., Chief Martin
Restoule, or Georges Restoul, tracing the band's membership records
would lead you back to one of the original Restoul/Restoules.

In addition to the Lake, Restoule is also the name of an unincorporated
area near Parry Sound, and a region of Algoma.

Another researcher looking for Restoule origins: <>

I checked the Canadian Geographic Names site, but with no success. It is
at <http://GeoNames.NRCan.gc.ca/>;

Best regards.

Rarihokwats
<>