NISHNAWBE-L Archives

Archiver > NISHNAWBE > 2000-11 > 0973730896

From: "hinook" <>
Subject: Re: [NISHNAWBE] Detroit Exterior Book & Laurent Feley = Fily
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 19:48:16 -0500

Madeleine,
I did find the info about Fily family, from the book "Wisconsin Creoles" by
Rentmeester. Michael Fily de Kerrigou settled in Montreal. His son
Constant, traded on the Mississippi and in Iowa. He married Angelique
Metivier, the sister of Mrs. Laurent Ducharme at Mackinac. Their son Laurant
Constant was bapt. there on Sept. 13, 1764. It says Laurent was the grandson
of Glory of the Morning, who had married DeCaris. It apprears that Laurnets
mother was the sister of DeCaris. Laurent married his granddaughter. L.
FIly was a witness in 1794 to a land sale at GB and later clerked for Jean
L'Ecuyer at Portage. He later operated Augustin Grignon's farm at Portage
then moved to Kaukauna where he died in 1846.
JoAnn