NIXON-L Archives

Archiver > NIXON > 2004-01 > 1073001692

Subject: [Nixon] Nixon DNA testing to sort out trees -- please read :-)
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 19:01:32 EST

David & other Nixon researchers / kin --

David wrote me about doing DNA testing to sort out our tree. Unfortunately,
Bob does not qualify for this cause his line doesn't play out correctly. If I
am correct in my understanding of how this works, you need to be a male with
the NIXON surname to qualify. So even if you don't work, you may have a
brother/father/cousin/etc that does.

Anyone interested, please contact David Nixon at:

David has been at this a long time. If you have researched Nixons in the
south, I am sure you have bumped into him along your way.

To me. this sounds like a great idea. If I could qualify, I would have my
DNA tested ASAP! I know Wilbur Nixon of our Joseph Nixon & Martha Ward line has
sorta agreed. I believe there is some expense involved. (Maybe this is how
we will someday figure out Bob's Freeman line, though it sorta takes the fun
out of the hunt.)

These are some of the Nixons I know of and their ties:
Wilbur Nixon -- des. of Joseph Nixon thru son Harrison --

Harvey L. Nixon, Jr. -- des of Joseph Nixon thru son Wiley --
Henry B. Nixon -- des. of Thomas Nixon thru son Green B. --

John Nixon -- des of Marshall Co., AL Nixons --
John Nixon -- des of Franklin Co., GA Joseph Nixons --

(Is this your Joseph Nixon descendant candidate??)
Bill Nixon -- Hawk Nixon des --
Alice Nixon -- des of Millington -- maybe her father? --

This could be a fun adventure for 2004 and perhaps finally bring down some of
our brick walls.

Valerie (Johnson) Freeman
Tustin, California

"Remember your history. To forget is to not belong."
~~ Charlotte A. Black Elk

> Valerie, I thought I would let you know about DNA testing. It is a good way
> to tell if different Nixon lines are connected. I have sent mine off today
> to be tested. I have talked to a  desc of Joseph Nixon of Franklin Co Georgia.
> He has agreed to be tested also. Has started the process also. It would be
> nice if a male Nixon from your line be tested as well as others you might
> Know. We need a desc from Absalom b 1796 , Abner Nixon b.1821 and Millington
> Nixon, to be tested. What do you think.?

> David Nixon

This thread: