NJ-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > NJ-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2006-01 > 1137942589

From: "David C Weber" <>
Subject: RE: [NJCEN-LOOKUP] [NJ-Census-lookup] Poelstra 1900-1930
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 10:09:54 -0500

NJ has a census between the censuses in 1915 ,1905, 1895. You can
order the unindexed films thru LDS FHC.
Here is some info on Christine. Had no luck with Jacob in 1920.
==
248 N. 4th St., Image Source: Year: April 1910; Census Place: 1-Wd
Paterson, Passaic, New Jersey; Series: T624; Roll: 905; Page: 78A;
Enumeration District: 89;

POLSTRA Jacob head M W 27? M 3 NJ Holland Holland
Lumper?-on_account
POLSTRA Willamina wife F W 27? M 3 NJ Holland
Scotland? none
===
405 E. 18th St.; p.261A; Image source: Year: April 1930; Census
Place: Paterson, Passaic, New Jersey; Roll: 1379; sht: 5A;
Enumeration District: 39;

TAMBOER Cornelius F. head M W 53 M 24 NJ Holland
Holland - - broker-real_estate
TAMBOER Christina wife-H F W 50 M 21 Holland Holland
Holland un Na none
TAMBOER Henry C. son M W 28 S - NJ NJ Holland -
- broker-real_estate
PEOLSTRA Julia sister-in-law F W 48 S - NJ Holland
Holland - - teacher-school
========
17 Jan, 1920; p.162A; Image Source: Year: 1920; Census Place:
Paterson Ward 4, Passaic, New Jersey; Roll: T625_1065; sheet: 15A;
Enumeration District: 102;
409 E. 18th St.
TAMBOER Cornelius head M W 42 M - - - NJ Holland
Holland manager-creamery_co
TAMBOER Christine wife F W 40 M 1881 Na 1901
Holland Holland Holland none
TAMBOER Henry son M W 17 S - - - NJ NJ Holland
none
405 E. 18th St.
POELSTRA Cornelius head M W 60 M 1881 Na 1888
Holland Holland Holland editor-weekly_newspaper
POELSTRA Jeanie wife F W 53 M 1881 Na 1888 Holland
Holland Holland none
POELSTRA Julia daughter F W 38 S 1881 Na - Holland
Holland Holland teacher-normal_school
==========
can't find 1910
====
Here is some miscellaneous POELSTRA info in Paterson:

Paterson, New Jersey Directories, 1890-93
90-91
Cornelius Poelstra 267 Water agent
Frank Poelstra 112 E Holsman dyer
George Poelstra 133 E Main peddler
Jacob Poelstra 112 Putnam laborer
William Poelstra 133 E Main clerk
91-92
Cornelius Poelstra 105 Lyon
Frank Poelstra 112 E Holsman dyer
George Poelstra 133 E Main peddler
Henry Poelstra 9 Graham avenue ironer
Jacob Poelstra 9 Graham avenue laborer
Jacob Poelstra, Jr. 9 Graham avenue ironer
William Poelstra 133 E Main clerk
Reynold Schreuder; Cornelius Poelstra
92-93
Cornelius Poelstra 136 Lafayette
Frank Poelstra 112 E Holsman dyer
George Poelstra 133 E Main peddler
Henry Poelstra 79 Putnam ironer
Jacob Poelstra 79 Putnam laborer
Jacob Poelstra 30 Wait laborer
Jacob Poelstra, Jr 89 Clinton ironer
Philip Poelstra 79 Putnam laborer
Reimer Poelstra 30 Wait laborer
Reinder Poelstra 30 Wait laborer
William Poelstra 133 E Main clerk
Reynold Schreuder; Cornelius Poelstra

===================
WWI draft cards
Name: Andrew George Poelstra
City: Paterson
County: Passaic
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 5 Nov 1881
Race: White
Roll: 1754434
DraftBoard: 5
occupation: payroll clerk
nearest relative: William G. POELSTRA (brother) , 41 Virginia Ave. ,
Paterson, NJ
===
Name: William George Poelstra
City: Paterson
County: Passaic
State: New Jersey
Birth Date: 14 Aug 1874
Race: White
Roll: 1754434
DraftBoard: 5 ; age: 44
occupation:grocer, selfemployed
nearest relative: Eva J. POELSTRA, 45 Virginia Ave. , Paterson, NJ
==
Name: Norman Poelstra
City: Philadelphia
County: Philadelphia
State: Pennsylvania
Birthplace: New Jersey;United States of America
Birth Date: 7 Aug 1895
Race: Caucasian
Roll: 1907755
DraftBoard: 32
US born in Paterson, single
Occupation: paperhanger & painter, Phil., PA
Nearest Relative: none
====

This thread: