NJ-ORPHANS-L Archives

Archiver > NJ-ORPHANS > 2004-12 > 1102562262

Subject: Re: Sacred Heart Orphanage Kearny NJ 1950's
Date: 8 Dec 2004 20:17:42 -0700

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/GO.2ADE/27.6.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

My father is Anthony, Joseph passed away before I was born, in the early 80s. Their parents were Anthony and Sophie. We did live in Jersey City, but moved to Bayonne in 1990. My father always understood his grandfathers name to be Americo Velli, do you know if your mother's father came through Ellis Island? because there is no record of a Sabino Velli, just of an Americo Velli coming from Naples (lived in Artena Italy) at age 17 in 1910.
My dad does remeber you. He said your mother was Margaret (or Margie), and you were an artist.

This thread: