NJHUDSON-L Archives

Archiver > NJHUDSON > 2010-07 > 1280170760

Subject: Re: [NJHUDSON] question re birth names
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:59:20 -0400

Try to find their baptismal records. Their birth certificate names may be included as part of the baptsmal names (or not). Often babies weren't named immediately at birth, but given (christened) their names at their baptism. Perhaps the names on the BCs were just "place-holders" maybe even provided by the midwives.
My guess is that the baptismal records will better reflect the names they went by.

Lauren Maehrlein
Maehrlein's Heirlines

Plant a tree, then start your family tree!