NJSOMERS-L Archives

Archiver > NJSOMERS > 2006-07 > 1153696429

From: "Pam Pearson" <>
Subject: Re: [NJSOMERS] Revolutionary War records.
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 19:13:49 -0400

Roberta,

A good place to start would be a local library with a subscription to
Heritage Quest. They have an "abbreviated" version of the RW pension files
on their site. They generally include the pages with the most genealogical
information - Bible pages, itemized service, etc. If you don't find your
ancestor here, then he won't have a pension file. Below are 2 websites that
should be helpful. I did some quick checking and couldn't find an e-mail
address for the Historical Society. The following address and phone number
is supposedly good as of April, 2006, Good luck.
SOMERSET COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY
9 Van Veghten Drive
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
Phone: (908) 218-1281