NOR-VESTFOLD-L Archives

Archiver > NOR-VESTFOLD > 2005-10 > 1129716474

Subject: Re: HENRIKSEN-JOHANSEN: Larvik, Vestfold, Norge
Date: 19 Oct 2005 04:07:54 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/mcC.2ACI/159.3.1.1.2.1

Message Board Post:

Ginny Arveson
Thanks a lot for the information. It’s always interesting to get new information, and sometimes such contacts like ours give tips or inspiration to think in new ways. I think the most important with the genealogical work are all the interesting contact and all the new knowledge about my own country and other countries I got.

You have learned me about Slemdal in Telemark, a new place for me. I had to check with the map, and found Slemdal west of he small town Kragerø. Correct? Or can I find another Slemdal in Telemark. Kragerø isn’t so far from Larvik, but I don’t know the surroundings there. But my cousin Suzi in Arizona has ancestors from that district, so perhaps you have something to share? Suzi is a great genealogist, I think, so I suppose she has a lot of information from that part of Norway and Saude parish in Teelark.

I have seen the questions and dialogs about family Bredvei, but I haven’t studied them. Have you heard about a missionary called Bredvei? I think it was an old man with that name living not so far from where I lived in Larvik, in the part of the town called Nanset. I also think he had a son at the age of my eldest sister (born 1942), but I can’t remember his name now. But I’m sure my sister knows, and I’m sure she will be confused that I don’t remember that.
I’m waiting for the Hedrum Bygdebooks from my library. Then I’ll try to find out more about Bjørn Auby.

This thread: