NOR-VOSSELAG-L Archives

Archiver > NOR-VOSSELAG > 2006-04 > 1144966777

From: "Jean Marthaler" <>
Subject: RE: Knut & Torstein Isaksen Vestrheim
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:19:37 -0500

Here are Tosten and Martha in the 1880 census. JEAN

Nordmenn i Iowa i 1880-teljinga
Given name Last name Sex Age Occupation Birth place Father birth place
Mother birth place Page Circuit County State

44703 Tosten Isaackson m 53 lab N N N 493 Kensett Worth Iowa
44704 Martha Isaackson f 64 N N N 493 Kensett Worth Iowa

Knut & Torstein Isaksen Vestrheim left Voss, Norway on the maiden voyage
of
the brig Bjørgvin to New York, arrving July 6, 1849. I have been unable
find out where they went from there. Any tips on how I might find them?
My
great-grandfather Nils' sister, Sicille, appears to have been the first
of
the seven siblings to have emigrated in 1881 and I assume she might have
lived with relatives--Knut & Torstein were their uncles.

Karen King

http://www.ancestry.com/s13965/rd.ashx

This thread: