NOR-VOSSELAG-L Archives

Archiver > NOR-VOSSELAG > 2006-04 > 1145472110

From: Al Askevold <>
Subject: May visit to Voss
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 13:41:50 -0500

Hi all,

First, thanks Eirik for the note on Rene's book. If any of you are thinking of purchasing
this book from Texas let me know. If no one else is interested I might go for this one and
this reminded me that I have to place an order for the translated copy by Dr. Nuland.

Thanks to Jean Marthaler who emailed me about someone who wrote in Svein Ulvund's guest book
I now am in contact with a new found Voss cousin Judy Saxby from California. Judy and her
husband David will be visiting Norway for the first time this May! They will spend the 17th
in Oslo and should be in Voss on the 19th of May. Judy is a close cousin from the
Schlanbusch line of Voss. With the good help of Viggo Fosse of Bergen Judy will see some
Jondal family and farms. Judy and David are traveling on their own using public
transportation, train and bus, and booking hotels as they make plans. So far plans for Voss
have not been made and I have a few questions some of you might be able to help with.

First, at such a short notice how hard will it be to get a hotel room in Voss the week of
the 17th or south in the area of Norheimsund/Jondal? For Voss they are thinking about the
Fleischer's but no plans have been set at this time.

Is there a website for the train/bus routs and times from Voss? I have looked but could not
find one. It looks like they might head south from Voss on the 20th or 21st along the
Hardangerfjorden to the Jondal area. This trip could be by bus but would a car rental from
Voss be a better idea?

My cousin does not know any Norwegian, written or spoken or much about the Voss area. I have
tried to help with this. She will have a great visit I am sure and some pretty brave
travelers to make a trip like this, fly into Oslo and hop a train north to parts unknown.

Regards
Al Askevold

This thread: