NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 1997-11 > 0880096399

From: Pat Edwards <>
Subject: Re: Jacob BURROWS descendants
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 23:13:19 -0800

Ralph, If you are interested in finding out if the family is listed in the
Oregon-California Trails Association data base, try
http://calcite.rocky.edu/octa/oen.htm . That will tell you how to request
a search in their records. Good luck. Pat

At 05:27 PM 11/20/97 PST, you wrote:
>I am searching for the descendants of Jacob L. BURROWS who, with his
family, emigrated overland to California circa 1852.

>The BURROWS came from missouri and were living on a farm near Yuba City in
1860. Jacob BURROWS wa born in Ohio and died in Chico in 1885. His wife
amanda was born in Canada. Their children were:

>James BURROWS b. 1836? MO
>Adeline BURROWS b. 1838? MO
>John Tyler BURROWS b. 1841 MO
>Charles BURROWS b. 1843 MO
>Amanda BURROWS b. 1845 MO
>Jacob BURROWS b. 1849 MO
>
>Adeline BURROWS married Stephen D. HARRIS in Sutter County in 1854; they
later moved to Oakland.

>Their children were: unknown.
>
>Amanda BURROWS married James Stocton ANDERSON in Sutter County in 1862:
they later moved to Oakland.

>Their children were: Edward J. ANDERSON
> Harry L. ANDERSON.
>
>John Tyler BURROWS married Elizabeth PETERSON in Yuba County in 1872; they
later moved to Tehama County.

>Their children were: Catherine Amanda BURROWS b. 1873
> Sarah M. BURROWS b. 1874
> Adeline V. BURROWS b. 1876
> Elbert BURROWS b. 1878
> Frances BURROWS b. 1880
>
>I am interested in contacting any BURROWS family decendents to exchange any
known details or anecdotes concerning the trip to California.

>Ralph Anderson
>1135 Jay Street,Boulder CO 80302
>

>Researching: ANDERSON BURROWS GILL WADDELL CHETLAIN
>

>.-

This thread: