NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 1998-12 > 0915061871

From: "Martha" <>
Subject: Re: Goin West Lookup Offer
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:51:11 -0800

Holly,

Here are the results. I was offering to all the list members, you got the
message because you are on the list. Copy the information on the book into
your research log so you don't look in the same place later on.

Happy hunting
Martha
near Seattle

Book 1

RICHARDSON, Betsy Ann Jerusha Rotz or Ratz: no Richardson, Rotz or Ratz
listed,
ROOT, Asa William: only a Riley ROOT listed, (went overland to OR in 1848)
SMITH, James Monroe: James SMITH, no middle name. b ca 1821. A teamster
for James Reed and member of the 1846 Reed-Donner party. Smith died
sometime in Dec in the huts near present Donner Lake.
Source: Ordeal by Hunger: The Story of the Donner Party. George R
Stewart, Houghton Mifflin Co, Boston, 1960

Book 2
RICHARDSON, Betsy Ann Jerusha Rotz or Ratz: Daniel and John RICHARDSON are
listed. Neither married a Betsy. No Ratz or Rotz
ROOT, Asa William: only a John ROOT listed (overland to CA in 1849)
SMITH, James Monroe. Many SMITHS, but no James.