NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 1998-12 > 0915072331

From: Lois M. Bozarth< >
Subject: Goin West Lookup Offer
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:45:31 -0800 (PST)

Hello! I am searching for information on John R. Cathey from MO via Tehama
County and Weaverville to Humboldt County, CA in 1853. I believe that he
might have helped bring a herd of cattle out here. His wife, Matilda
Smith, died enroute, I believe and he had a daughter born in 1847, Mary
Constance Caroline Cathey with him. He may have been part of a wagon train
led by William T. Olmstead.

The other ancestor I am looking for is Barton Jackson Davis (wife, Harriet
Black Davis). I believe they came to CA from Livingston Co., MO in the
early to mid 1860's. I think they may have come on the Oregon Trail to The
Dalles, OR and then down to Sonoma County, CA. I believe they travelled
with William Harrison Black and Henry Black and their wives along with
Elenor Black (mother).

Thank you so very much for this offer and if I can help in Humboldt County,
please let me know.
Lois from Eureka, CA

This thread: