NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2000-01 > 0946931718

From: "Norby Family" <>
Subject: Re: LA county Lookup CASTEEL
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 12:35:18 -0800

Found in CADI:
Harmon W. Casteel, spouse LB, Los Angeles, Feb. 24, 1968, 18375

I can't help you with anything further because I'm in Modesto which is Stanislaus county.

The location of death listed above is the COUNTY of death. To determine the CITY of death you will need to order the death certificate or find a volunteer to transcribe it for you. The number following the date of each listing is the state reference number for ordering the death certificate from the state. Here's the info site for CA vital records: http://vitalrec.com/ca.html

http://ssdi.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi Please use the Post-em feature on the SSDI website to share the information from the CADI so others may have access to the data also.

Someone from these two sites might be able to check the recorder's office for you and transcrib ethe death certificate or look for an obituary for you. Follow the links to LA
http://raogk.rootsweb.com/californ.htm
http://posom.com/hl/usa/ca.shtml

Obituary volunteers:
http://members.aol.com/sjhcamp/index.html
(*** WE NEED VOLUNTEERS - Please Consider Volunteering for Your Area ***)

If you need clarification on any point, please include the previous message in your response.

Colleen Norby
Rootsweb sponsor