NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2002-10 > 1034404800

From: "Jan Davis" <>
Subject: Re: Wagon Trains to California.
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 23:40:00 -0700

Sorry, William Thomas of St. Austell, Cornwall, arrived in Nevada City CA in
1879 alone, sponsored by his uncle Joseph Thomas of Nevada City. He was
there the rest of his life, after marriying Lavinia Hicks in 1882 and
fathering nine children by 1899. He was killed in a mine explosion in 1900.
He was my great grandfather. Jan Davis