NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2002-10 > 1035230511

From: "Margaret Hinton" <>
Subject: Re: Wagon Train Lookups
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 13:02:48 -0700

Peggy - See below:

----- Original Message -----
From: <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2002 9:52 AM

> Margaret,
>
> The name should be William GALLAGHER or William R. Gallagher or W. R.
> Gallagher.
* Sorry, None of those names *

> On the CHRISTENSEN name would be Hans. more than likely their original
> destination was from Massachusetts to Ohio.
* Sorry - not found*

> I must say these two families do NOT want to be found.
> Another name is TIBBETS and related spellings. I am looking for an
Elizabeth
> TIBBETS who originally came from New Brunswick Canada but could have
> accompanied an uncle who did come to CA in the Gold Rush era.
* Again, there are very few female names shown - do you know the uncle's
name? There are 3 Tibbets shown, but none from Canada.

P. 103 - KANESVILLE, IOWA. April 17, 1850, the Frontier Guardian printed a
list of California emigrants who had arrived in Kanesville. (Included in
the list is:) James A. Tibbetts from Maine*

Peggy: I am searching for a Lucy Tibbetts who married David Wingate. They
must have moved to Ohio where it is possible he died. Lucy then married my
Rufus Deming in Athens County, Ohio in 1829. Any chance you have
information on her? Thanks, Margie

> Thanks for anything you can find. :))
>
> Peggy

This thread: