NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2003-06 > 1056465404

From: "Lars Oyane" <>
Subject: [NorCal] Trinity Co. - Natwick/Erickson family - murder case?
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:36:44 -0500

Dear Listers,

The 1880 census for Heltenchow, Trinity Co., CA shows this family:

~~~~~

ERICKSON, George 32 sheep raiser Nor Nor Nor
ERICKSON, Dena 19 wife WI WI WI
NATWICK, Erick 64 father Nor Nor Nor
NATWICK, Anna 66 mother Nor Nor Nor
NATWICK, Henry 21 cousin Nor Nor Nor

~~~~~

Family tradition says that George was not particularly "appreciated" among
his cattle raising neighbors, and somehow George died at a young age under
"strange" circumstances. I suspect he may have been murdered... The 1880
census shows several cattle and horse raisers in the same neighborhood!

Is there anyone out there who can possibly help me find out what became of
this family? Are there cemetery records, probate (estate) records etc.?

Thanks a million in advance for your wonderful assistance in this matter!

Very sincerely yours,

Lars E. Oyane
General Delivery
3580 Geilo