NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2008-02 > 1203923261

Subject: [NORCAL] Home of Benevolence
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 23:07:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I have a question about the Home of Benevolence in Santa Clara County.
Does anyone know what this was? I found a long lost cousin in this home
with her brother in the 1910 census...she was 9 he was 6. Haven't done a
lot of looking for this distant cousin...but I've recently connected with
some of her family. I didn't even know she existed until a couple of days
ago and told the folks I connected with I'd give it a go.

I'm assuming this is some kind of orphanage or something...but these kids
show up with their parents in the 1920 census in San Jose.

Just wondering if someone can shed some light on this.

Perrin

This thread: