NORCAL-L Archives

Archiver > NORCAL > 2008-03 > 1205006594

From: mstephen <>
Subject: Re: [NORCAL] birth certificate for adopted - 1928-1930s
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:03:14 -0700

Thanks, Joy. I do have her original birth certificate from her birth
state. Would California have alerted the birth state that the child was
adopted in California? Upon adoption is there automatically a new birth
certificate issued?

I have California birth certificates of others who I know were adopted
(in the 1940s), and the birth parent(s) are not on them, just the
adopting parents. They appear in the CABI under the new surname, and not
the birth surname.
Marie